Broken Key Extraction
When you are rushing out of the house, hurrying as you make your way to work, the last thing you want happening is your key breaking in half inside the lock while locking the door behind you.
How are you supposed to fix this lock problem? Should you stick something in there to get your key part out of the lock? Should you figure out another way in and take the lock off completely to try and remove the key? What should you do to extract your broken key?
First of all, don’t try fixing this problem yourself. You may only make it worse and may damage your lock in the process. Instead, trust the locksmith professionals at 24/7 Emergency Locksmith to help! We offer residential broken key extraction services to help you fix your broken key problem and get on with your day!
Our professional locksmiths offer precision and quality service to negate additional damage to your lock mechanism. It is important to address the issue as soon as possible; the broken key can cause more internal damage to the lock’s components if the key is left in the lock for extended periods of time. Or if someone attempts to remove the key with improper tools.
To reiterate, never try to remove the broken key. Doing so will make the job more difficult and will risk increasing the cost of the key extraction.
Keys break due to a variety of reasons:
- Applied pressure
- Wear over time
- Keys are intentionally made of soft metal alloys or brass
- Internal wear within the lock mechanism itself
- Improper lock installation or alignment
Preventive measures go a long way, and broken keys are no exception. Some professional tips include:
- Lubricate the lock at least once every 5 months to prevent excess grinding and friction damage caused by daily use.
- Keep several spare keys on hand and switch to a replacement when your old key begins to show external damage, such as cracks and excessive wear to the teeth.
- Never force your key to turn when your lock fights back with resistance, no matter how small, as this can lead to long-lasting damage.
Our residential locksmith experts can help you get your broken key removed from your lock, make you a replacement key, and help with any other lock issues you may be having. We provide services in Lehigh Valley and surrounding counties, including Lehigh, Northampton, Montgomery, Berks, and Bucks. If you have a broken key problem in this area, call us today at 484-891-1922!
We will be there in no time and help you with your lock problems. Before you try fixing any lock issues on your own, contact us. We will be there in a hurry and help you get back into your home easily and without further damage!