Night is a little bit, well sometimes more than a little bit, longer throughout the winter months in the Lehigh Valley than other times of the year.
Protect yourself and others around you by being extra vigilant while driving during nighttime hours.
1. Be extra defensive and more alert when driving at night.
2. If you’re tired, stop as soon as you can. Driving at night while tired is a recipe for disaster.
3. Make sure that you can see out of your windshield. Having obstructions on your windshield, combined with headlights from other cars and other lights, can restrict your visibility.
4. Slow down. There’s no reason to drive faster than you need to, especially when visibility is low.
5. Know how to work your highbeams and when to use them!
The most important thing is to make sure you’re as aware as possible when driving at night. Be safe out there!