Of course, getting locked out of your car isn’t the only worry you have when you’re out on the road and away from home. Breaking down, especially in inclement weather, can sometimes turn into a life or death situation.
Here are some times to make sure you keep in your car in case you find yourself in a sticky situation.
1. First Aid Kit:
This should probably be one of the first things you pack in your glove box or trunk. Having a first aid kit is important, as is making sure that the items inside are not expired.
2. Flashlight: You know what? Keep an extra flashlight everywhere you go, include your office and basement.
3. Water Bottles: Who says bottled water is silly? Having water on hand in an emergency is invaluable and inexpensive. Grab an extra case and pack it away.
4. Snacks: No, we’re not talking Cheetohs, but I guess you could pack them in there if you wanted to. Pack away protein bars, nuts, seeds, cereals, dried fruit and even some jerky. These foods last a long time and can help you out in an emergency.
5. Spare Tire: And know how to change it. If you’re unsure, ask someone to help you learn how or simply use YouTube.
6. Jumper Cables: It seems like less and less people carry these with them nowadays. Change that trend.
7. Gloves and Warm Clothing: Even pack a few blankets for extra measure.
8. Flares: Breaking down at night on the side of a highway can be a dangerous situation made less so with the use of roadside flares.
And, as always, if you find yourself in a lockout situation, be sure to contact 24/7 Emergency Locksmith in the Lehigh Valley. We’ll be there to help! (484) 891-1922.